5.22.2008

Pieśń kosmosu

I was walking next to the sports field and looking at the small hill on the other side of it. It used to look so huge to me. Every winter, as soon as the snow had fallen down, I was running there with my sledges and got crazy with other kids. Going up and ride down hundred times a day. Every lunch tasted delicious afterwards.
At the top of the hill is a metal sculpture from the 70'. It's name is "The outer space's song" and it still makes me feel a bit frightened. Especially when it's dark and the wind is moving the upper part of the sculpture, making a scary noise.
Today I looked at the hill and the word "hill" sounded completely inadequate. It looked rather plain to me.
Did I grow up?
But I'm still overwhelmed by the forest. It's deep green, big and thick, old trees, darkness in the middle of a sunny day... There I'm still just a little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment